Monday, December 19, 2011

Janelle Froehlich Shares Her Twilight Experience with Pattinson Post


Actress Janelle Froehlich plays the character of Yvette, a member of the French Coven in the The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2, arriving in theaters on November 16th, 2012. She recently attended the Red Carpet premiere in Los Angeles forThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 . We [Pattinson Post] were fortunate to be able to interview her after this event.

In our exclusive interview below, she talks about a variety of things, including what it was like to work with Robert Pattinson. She also shares a bit about the French Coven that she is part of with actor Amadou Ly. Neither of their characters were in the original Stephenie Meyer book, but were created for Breaking Dawn Part 2.

Pattinson Post: What led you to audition for Breaking Dawn? How did you find out you got the role?
Janelle Froehlich: This is an interesting story. I had just graduated with my Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy, and accepted a job offer to work as a therapist at a high school in the San Francisco Bay Area. Now, throughout graduate school in Los Angeles, I was also auditioning and working as an actor. But, I decided to move and pursue my career as a therapist – until I got the phone call. 
Two weeks before I was supposed to start my job, my acting manager called and asked me, “Do you still want to take that job in San Francisco? You’ve been booked on Breaking Dawn.” 
Needless to say, I hopped on a plane for filming in Baton Rouge, LA. In fact, my supervisor at the high school (where I would have worked) was a big fan of The Twilight Saga, and encouraged me to go for it!
According to my manager, they had been looking for an actor to play Yvette for quite some time – I came in on a final casting session. I am blessed to have fit the vision of the writers, director, and producer.
Just when you think your life is headed one direction -it takes a sharp turn. I couldn’t have planned that if I tried!

PP: You play Yvette, a character from a French coven that is not in the book, but was created for the movie. We also know that Amadou Ly plays Henri from the same clan. Can you tell us anything about the clan or these characters?
JF: That’s right! The “French Coven” is not in the books. Melissa Rosenberg and Stephanie Meyer collaborated, creating new vampires for the final film. I am so thankful, and so grateful to have the opportunity to play one of their new characters . The writers have given us a tremendous gift.
Hmm, what can I tell you? This is always a tricky question. Well, Henri and Yvette are loners, but we stick together- until forty vampires convene from around the world . I counted and that’s quite a few vampires! Having been around for centuries, we all have history with one another. And when we come together- no matter what side we’re on – you can expect some definite excitement!

PP: Did you have any scenes with Robert Pattinson? What was he like on set?
JF: Amadou and I do have scenes with Robert Pattinson. He’s a very dedicated, gifted, and talented actor. It was a pleasure working with him, and with the entire cast. We all had a wonderful time working together on set.

PP: Your character is in Part 2 and not Part 1. Can you give us any information about the second and final movie?
JF: As a fan of the books, it was so exciting to watch the writing come to life! The film stays incredibly true to the story. Director Bill Condon has done an incredible job. What can I tell you about the second and final movie? For starters , there are a lot of new vampires to get to know. Okay, that may sound cheesy, but it’s true! If you stuck around for the final scene following the credits in Breaking Dawn – Part 1 , you know that the Volturi are on the move. Perhaps that’s where we begin in Part 2 . . .

PP: We have heard from Myanna Buring, Toni Trucks and a few other cast members about the now “infamous West Side Story dance” joke that was played on Director Bill Condon. Were you part of that joke? Can you tell us how this all came about ?
JF: Yes! Now, Bill Condon wasn’t the only one who was surprised. You mentioned that it is now the “infamous West Side Story dance joke.” Before people knew it was a joke, there was speculation that there was going to be a choreographed dance routine in the film! Whether we were the “surprisers” or the “surprised” – it all ended in dancing- for everyone!

PP: You recently were at the Los Angeles Red Carpet premiere for Breaking Dawn and also were interviewed by Yahoo Movies. What was that experience like?
JF: How do I answer that? As an actor, you always dream of what it would be like to walk the carpet at a premiere . . . and then when it happens? And it’s the premiere for Twilight ?! I had to keep pinching myself- so did my family. They have supported me every step of the way, and I am so thankful.
In fact, I took my sister as my date to the premiere. While we were on the carpet, she watched the Yahoo! Movies live feed in the theatre. She said, “You know, I was watching all the interviews . . . and then when you came on, I thought . . . oh, home movie!” I thought that was so great!
I don’t think it gets any bigger than a Twilight premiere! I was overwhelmed by the fans love and support. It was so incredible to be able to talk with fans, and spend some time with them. The fans of Twilight are unlike anything I have ever seen -they are amazing.

PP: The Twilight fandom is very dedicated. What has it been like to be part of the Twilight Saga and to experience the fans’ reaction ?
JF: I feel so loved and included by all the fans, and am so grateful that they have let me into their family. The fans have made Twilight what it is today and I look forward to getting to know them more. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, thank you for all of your support. Again, this is your franchise, and you have made the story what it is. It cannot happen without you. Thank you for including me in this very special family.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment